CBC Competitive Juniors Programs
Upcoming Junior Season Fall 2021 Information
(Downloadable version HERE)
The Cambridge Boat Club offers a selective competitive rowing program for high school athletes, focused on sculling and small boat racing. Our plan is to develop highly competitive athletes and boats and to race successfully in several fall head races or scrimmages.
Athletes will be expected to attend all coached sessions, as well as to complete any requested additional training sessions on their own, outside of the CBC setting.
The team is open to athletes who are currently in high school and have one or more years of rowing experience. Experience in sculling is preferred, but not a requirement. Our maximum capacity will be 6 boys and 6 girls.
Athletes will be coached by CBC’s Junior Head Coach Abby Knight. Assistant Coaches will also likely be involved.
Fall Season Program Dates:
- Tuesday, August 31st – Sunday, November 21st
Tryouts (as necessary, based on program demand):
We will determine the need for tryouts by Friday, August 20th, and will publish the tryout protocol (along with dates/times) by Monday, August 23rd. The tryout would likely consist of a timed piece in a single scull, a timed erg, and potentially also a timed run (flat or stadiums).
- Tuesday – Friday: 4:00 pm – 6:30 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Tuition Covers:
- Equipment, Coaching, Racing Uniform, Entry Fees, and Equipment Transportation for all regattas except Head of the Fish.
- Tuition does NOT Cover:
- Athlete Transportation to Regattas or Hotels and Food at Regattas. We expect costs for the Head of the Fish to be between $500-$1,000 per athlete.
- Junior Membership:
- Athletes who are not CBC members will be charged Annual Junior Membership Dues of $300.00 in addition to the Regular Season Tuition amount.
- CRI Fall Classic Regatta (Boston, MA) – Saturday, September 18th
- Green Mountain Head Regatta (Putney, VT) – Sunday, October 3rd
- Head of the Quinobequin (Cambridge, MA) – Sunday, October 17th
- Head of the Charles (Cambridge, MA) – Sunday, October 24th
- Head of the Fish (Saratoga, NY) – Saturday, October 30th — Sunday, October 31st
Program Application Form:
Please click HERE for the Fall 2021 Application Form. The Application Deadline is Wednesday, August 18th.
For More Information:
Please contact Head Coach Abby Knight at firstname.lastname@example.org
Past Season Information
For questions related to the Competitive Junior or Collegiate Programs please contact Head Coach Abby Knight at: email@example.com.